Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Stretching is Important

 Over the weekend I watched a lot of football games. Some were better than others, but all of them had at least 2 injuries. I thought to myself, why are these players getting injured. Then I remembered my last year playing football. One game, I decided I didn't need to stretch. I thought I could just play and do my thing. I was wrong. Half way through the second quarter, I get chopped at the knees; the hit ruptured my LCL. At first I didn't notice it because you don't actually need your LCL, so I kept playing. Later in the fourth quarter, I get chopped again. This time I tore half my ACL, half my Miniscus, and I popped out my Lateral Miniscus. This injury ended my football career. All this could have been prevented if I had just stretched before the game. So take it from someone with experience; stretching is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment